Business Continuity Management Blended Learning Course (BL-B-3.1)
This intermediate business continuity management (BCM) course is primarily designed for BC professionals to understand BCM fundamentals and given the opportunity to practice and implement an actual risk assessment, business impact analysis, business continuity strategy and plan under a realistic environment.
The course is divided into 2 Modules which is expected to be completed within 10 weeks.
Module 1 – BCM E-Learning Courses
Sign up any of the following BCM Fundamentals E-learning package:
Note: Participant is expected to complete Module 1 within 4 weeks after registering before pursuing Module 2
Module 2 – Facilitated Online Workshop
Participants will be given the opportunity to practice the fundamental concepts of risk analysis and review (RAR), business impact analysis (BIA), business continuity strategy (BCS), Plan development (BC Plan), testing and exercising via hands-on and interactive sessions with fellow participants from various industries. Participants are expected to complete an actual RAR, BIA, BCS and BC Plan templates using your organisation examples.
The course prepares the participants with the framework and guidelines for companies, large or small, to move to a higher level of preparedness to lessen the impact of an infectious disease disruptions. BCM Institute uses experiential training by experienced instructors who expound BC best practices, via assessments and instructor-led discussions in times of an infectious disease outbreak such as Ebola, H5N1, H7N9, H3N2, H1N1, HA1, Mers-CoV, Zika and the latest outbreak of the Coronavirus which was declared as global health emergency by WHO.
The course equips Business Continuity Planners to assist the Organisation to develop and implement its pandemic flu business continuity plan.
This hands-on practice would be facilitated by senior industry practitioners that include current BCM managers, consultants and vice presidents from international financal institutions and higher educational institutions.
Note: Participants are required to submit their assignment and will be assessed at the end of each session (there are a total of 4 sessions for Module 2). The assignments are expected to be completed and submitted to the facilitator within 3 days after each session, failing which, shall disqualify the participant from receiving the BCCS certification.
Yes, I am interested. I want to know more about what this course has to offer!
|Price||SGD2,400 (Inclusive of BCCS certification application fee)|
|Estimated Duration||Lapse period of 10 weeks|
|Certificate||8 Certificate of Completions (COC)|
1 Business Continuity Certified Specialist (BCCS) Certificate
How Do I Sign Up?
Fill out the form on this page to save your spot or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Certified Specialist (BCCS) Certification is awarded to participants who successfully completed all Blended Learning sessions and satisfies the facilitator during the live assessments, sends in an application detailing at least 1 year of BC experience, and satisfies and meets the experience requirements of the independent certification body.
Attending the course will provide the participants with the pertinent skills and knowledge, empowering them to:
- Assist the business head in determining and implementing the BC project and plan.
- Identify possible threats that may disrupt critical business functions in the business units and organization.
- Identify and analyze business requirements to recover the business unit’s critical function.
- Develop effective functional response and recovery plans.
- Conduct tests and exercises as part of the organizational requirement.
- Strengthen organisational resiliency to counter major incidents and disasters.
- Understand the characteristics of an infectious disease and how it would affect an organisation’s BC Plan
- Activate, respond and resume operations during an infectious disease outbreak.
Who Should Attend?
- This course is designed for Middle Management, Department Representatives, Business Unit BCM Coordinators; BC/DR Managers.
- Senior management with BCM responsibilities who needs to incorporate an infectious disease plan into their BC Plan.
- Anyone new to the BCM and would like to know how an infectious disease would affect their organisation’s BC Plan
- If you have been tasked to spearhead or assist in your organisation’s BCM Plan and update its Pandemic Plan to cover infectious diseases
- If you have been recently assigned with BCM co-ordination responsibilities for your business unit.
- Any employees or consultants in EHS, Security, Human Resources, IT, Risk & Compliance functions.
- If you are a business partner or service provider of essential services to any organization of which an infectious disease disruption of such a service provided by you would be of catastrophic consequences to that organization.
- SGD 2,400 (Blended Learning)
- SGD 1,300 (for those who have attended the BCM-200 ISO 22301 BCMS Planner course via E-learning)
SGD75 (Certification Fees for BCCS certfication in inclusive).
- BCM-400: ISO22301 BCMS Manager
- BCM-5000: ISO22301 BCMS Expert Implementer
- BCM Specialised Course
- CM-300: Crisis Management Implementer
- CC-300: Crisis Communication Implementer
- Learn more about BCM terminology and phrases via our BCM Glossary or BCMpedia.
- Learn how to prepare for this course, via BCM Body of Knowledge.
Min no of Pax
Terms and Conditions
BCM Institute will conduct the course only if there are sufficient participants. BCM Institute reserves the right to alter the course content, alter the course location, cancel or reschedule course at any time without liability. In these circumstances, participants will be offered for deferment to the next run of the same course.