BCM-620: Analyzing and Reviewing Risk
This one day course is designed and developed to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the organisation’s risk assessment and review process for a business continuity project. Each participant will be equipping with practical and effective skills and a proven approach to achieve the desired outcomes of a risk treatment.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment.
- Devise an appropriate scoring mechanism.
- Identify the internal and external threats that could cause a disruption and assess their probability and impact.
- Evaluate and priorities threats.
- Understand risk treatment.
- Undertake risk treatments activities – risk avoidance, reduction, transferance & acceptance.
- Evaluate risk minimization alternatives against specifications and cost constraints.
- Review current operational procedures to ensure adequate risk safeguards and plans are in place.
- Submit risk treatment strategy to appropriate person for approval.