CC-5000 is a comprehensive Crisis Communication (CC) course that takes the participant from fundamental principles and concepts to advanced management techniques. It includes a three and half hour 150-Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) based examination, following the successful completion of 4-Day classroom training.
It is the institute’s most comprehensive crisis communication course for those who are new to crisis communication or who simply want to extend themselves in their crisis communication professional career. The course curriculum will enable participants to get a thorough understanding of the BCM Body of Knowledge with its 7 competencies for crisis communication practitioners, the globally recognised methodology for implementation and maintenance of crisis communication programs. On completion of the course, participants are expected to have acquired the skills and understanding to drive complex crisis communication projects and programmes for their organisation.
CC-5000 will also introduces the essential steps in developing crisis communication strategies and implementing plans, preparing and conducting awareness and training programmes. Participants will acquire the skills and knowledge in project management, risk analysis and review, crisis communication strategy and plan development, testing and exercising, and programme management.
This workshop is also designed for both novice and advanced professionals from the Business Continuity Management (BCM), Crisis Management (CM) and/or IT Disaster Recovery (DR) professional areas, who have a high degree of exposure to crisis communication.
2.5-days (inclusive of half day examination)
Learn How To
- Have a good overview of the crisis communication (CC) definitions and its relationship to BCM, CM and DR.
- Understand the key element of the CC framework.
- Understand the implementation objectives, activities and key deliverables for each stage of the CC planning methodology.
- Initiate and implement a CC program.
- Identify and assemble the CC team members.
- Assign the roles and responsibilities for each of the CC team member.
- Identify audiences, stakeholders and interested parties.
- Consolidate and analyse the list of crises for Executive Management’s approval.
- Establish level of crisis.
- Identify and develop the relevant CC strategies.
- Develop media handling techniques and plan.
- Develop and implement press release and holding statements.
- Drive organisational-wide crisis communication programmes.
- Learn to track and trace incident events and prioritize decisions and activities.
- Adopt a CC for social media during crisis.
- Learn how to develop an organization-wide CC awareness, training exercising and testing program.
- Implement audit and assessment program to ensure CC plan effectiveness.
- None but if participant would like to apply for the Crisis Communications Certified Expert (CCCE) certification; participant would need to have at least 3 years of Crisis Communications (CC) experience.
See Schedule at: