Module 1 – IT Disaster Recovery E-Learning Course
Note: Participant is expected to complete Module 1 within 2 weeks after registering before pursuing Module 2
Module 2 – Facilitated Online Workshop
Module 2 aims to provide the student with hands-on experience in using customized templates to identify, analyses and evaluates risk from a DR perspective.
This (three hours per session) webinar includes the hands-on practice to complete an actual IT Risk Assessment, IT DR Strategy and IT DR Plan templates using their organisation’s examples. You are required to complete validated project work for the final assessment.
Note: Participants are required to submit their assignments and will be assessed at the end of each session.
Module 3 & 4 – Facilitated Online Workshop
Similar to Module 2, pre-readings would be shared before participants join the Facilitated Online Workshop on different days.
Participants are required to complete validated project work for the final assessment to be submitted upon completion of Module 4.
Participants will be introduced the strategic topics in managing IT disaster recovery in organisations, the challenges encountered, and various approaches in dealing with them. This course is conducted in four sessions of a 3-hours facilitated online workshop (2 sessions each module).
Disaster Recovery Certified Expert (DRCE) Certification is awarded to participants who successfully completed their DRCE examination and have at least 3 years of relevant disaster recovery experience. A non-refundable application processing fees of SGD150 is needed to start the DRCE application process.
This course will provide participants with the concept and knowledge, which will enable them to:
- Identify the threats that affect the IT and business environment and its countermeasures.
- Have a thorough understanding of the DR Planning Methodology.
- Conduct an application impact analysis for an organization.
- Develop and implement business and IT recovery strategies.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis for strategies and alternate site selection with consideration to cloud and cybersecurity.
- Consolidate and implement a comprehensive IT DR plan.
- Create and develop IT DR awareness and training program.
- Conduct exercises and tests.
- Integrate business continuity with the IT DR initiatives.
- Sustain an effective organisation-wide IT DR program.