Crisis Communication Certification
BCM Institute’s crisis communication (CC) certifications are available for all professionals who would like to get their crisis communication experience and competency validated by an independent crisis management certification body. This program is exceptionally relevant to business continuity management (BCM), crisis management (CM) and IT disaster recovery (DR) professionals who hold responsibilities in driving the decision and messaging during a crisis or disaster.
To obtain a crisis communication certification, one has to fulfil the conditions:
- Attain the relevant courses attached to the desired crisis communication certification
- Pass the qualifying certification examination
- Send in the appropriate certification application fees
- Send in the certification application form detailing 3 or 5 (depending on the desired certification) crisis communication experience about the BCM Body of Knowledge (BoK)
Certification would then be awarded once the independent certification body is satisfied that all conditions are met. Certifications are then valid for one year after which yearly renewals are needed to ensure the validity of the certification.
The available crisis management certifications are:
- Crisis Communication Certified Planner
- Crisis Communication Certified Specialist
- Crisis Communication Certified Expert