Disaster Recovery Certified Planner (DRCP)
The Disaster Recovery Certified Planner (DRCP) certification is designed to recognize individuals for their efforts to acquire essential and fundamental knowledge and skills in disaster recovery. These individuals may be senior and middle management, or business executives, who are required to help their departments or business units (or sub-units) to develop CM, BC, DR, emergency response, recovery and resumption processes, procedures and/or plans.
The pre-requisite course is:
To attain your DRCP credential you need to pass the Disaster Recovery Certified Planner (DRCP) Qualifying examination.
How to be Certified
To become a DRCP, a candidate must successfully complete two separate processes:
- Formal Education: Attend and complete the DRP-200 IT Disaster Recover Planner course;
- Examination: Attempt and pass the Disaster Recovery Certified Planner (DRCP) Qualifying examination; or;
- eLearning: Complete all sub-modules in the IT Disaster Recovery Fundamentals Package
To attend the DRP-200 IT DR Planner course (Duration 1-day course with 1 and ½ hour examination), a candidate must:
- Sign up for the course date and location
- Submit the Course Fees
- Be assigned login credentials for the online final examination
- Sit for the examination at the end of the course
Attend the eLearning DRP-200: IT Disaster Recovery Planner course (Duration 30 days), a candidate must:
- Sign up for the course
- Pay the Course Fees
- Be assigned login credentials to start the eLearning
- Answer quizzes at the end of each sub-module
- Be awarded DRCP certification
To sit for the Examination, a candidate must:
- Prepare and be competent in the Competency Level CL 1D: Foundation (DR) including the 7 BCM Body of Knowledge (BCMBoK)
- Attempt the online practice quiz at least once before the actual examination.
To be issued a certificate, a candidate must:
- Pass the DRCP qualifying examination with a required passing score of 75% out of 50-Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) examination questions.
- There is no prior experience in DR needed to hold the DRCP certification.