Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist
The Disaster Recover Certified Specialist (DRCS) certification is designed to recognize individuals for their efforts to acquire essential and fundamental knowledge and skills in crisis management. These individuals may be senior and middle management, or business executives, who are required to help their departments or business units (or sub-units) to develop CM, BC, DR, emergency response, recovery and resumption processes, procedures and/or plans.
The pre-requisite course is:
To attain your DRCS credential you need to pass the Disaster Recover Certified Specialist (DRCS) Qualifying examination.
How to be Certified
To become a CMCP, a candidate must successfully complete two separate processes:
- Formal Education: Attend and complete the DRP-300 IT DR Implementer course.
- Examination: Attempt and pass the Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist (DRCS) Qualifying examination.
To attend the DRP-300 IT DR Implementer course (Duration 1 day course with 1 and ½ hour examination), a candidate must:
- Sign up for the course date and location
- Submit the Course Fees
- Be assigned with a login credentials for the online final examination
- Sit for the examination at the end of the course
To sit for the Examination, a candidate must:
- Prepare and be competent in the Competency Level CL 1D: Foundation (DR) and CL 2D: Intermediate (DR) including the 7 BCM Body of Knowledge (BCMBoK)
- Attempt the online practice quiz at least once before the actual examination.
To be issued a certificate, a candidate must:
- Pass the DRCS qualifying examination with a required passing score of 75% out of 100-Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) examination questions.
- There is no prior experience in DR needed to hold the DRCP certification.