Get to Know BCM Institute’s Blended Learning Program
DRP-400: IT DR Manager
2 Day Coursework + 3 1/2 Hour Qualifying DRCE Examination to be taken on the following day
This course is intended for experienced IT disaster recovery (DR) planners. It is also designed for IT professionals who has minimal DR experience and would like to have an in-depth understanding of this subject.
The main difference is that IT professionals with does not have the required years of IT DR planning experience will need to accumulate the necessary experience before they are awarded with the “Expert” certification.
All aspects of IT DR planning will be discussed. Participants will be guided to review each stage of the DR Planning (DRP) Methodology and the process will include all aspects of creating the DR plan. The course concludes with the understanding on the need for exercising and maintaining the DR plan.
DR Certified Expert (DRCE) Certification is awarded to participants who successfully completed and passed the Qualifying DRCE examination attached to the course, pay a one-time administrative fee and sends in an application detailing at least 3 years of DR experience and satisfies and meets the experience requirements of the independent certification body.
This course will provide participants with the concept and knowledge, which will enable them to:
- Identify the threats that affect the IT and business environment and its countermeasures.
- Have a thorough understanding of the DR Planning Methodology.
- Conduct an application impact analysis for an organization.
- Develop and implement business and IT recovery strategies.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for strategies and alternate site selection.
- Consolidate and implement a comprehensive IT DR plan.
- Create and develop IT DR awareness and training program.
- Conduct exercises and tests.
- Integrate business continuity with the IT DR initiatives.
- Sustain an effective organisation-wide IT DR program.