Get to Know BCM Institute’s Blended Learning Program
DRP-5000: IT DR Expert Implementer
4 Day Coursework + 3 1/2 Hour Qualifying DRCE Examination to be taken on the following day
Malaysians taking the class in Malaysia can enjoy the Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) available. Please check with your respective organisation on the funding available for you.
This 4-day course caters to both experienced and novice IT disaster recovery (DR) professionals. It look at the implementation and managing an IT DR plan with considerations given to cybersecurity, cloud and DR aspects of ISO 27001.
Participants will be guided to review each stage of the DR Planning (DRP) Methodology, and the process will include all aspects of creating the DR plan. The course concludes with the understanding of the need for exercising and maintaining the DR plan.
On the 5th day, participants would be assessed on their understanding of the concepts taught in a 3 1/2 hours online examination. Passing the examination would allow participants to claim for the DRCP or apply for the DRCS or DRCE certification.
DR Certified Expert (DRCE) Certification is awarded to participants who successfully completed and passed the Qualifying DRCE examination attached to the course, sends in an application detailing at least 3 year of DR experience , make the application processing fee payment of SGD150 and satisfies and meets the experience requirements of the independent certification body.
This course will provide participants with the concept and knowledge, which will enable them to:
- Identify the threats that affect the IT and business environment and its countermeasures.
- Have a thorough understanding of the DR Planning Methodology.
- Conduct an application impact analysis for an organization.
- Develop and implement business and IT recovery strategies.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis for strategies and alternate site selection with consideration to cloud and cybersecurity.
- Consolidate and implement a comprehensive IT DR plan.
- Create and develop IT DR awareness and training program.
- Conduct exercises and tests.
- Integrate business continuity with the IT DR initiatives.
- Sustain an effective organisation-wide IT DR program.